Smartphones! They’re all the rage now! The iPhone, the Android platform, and the upcoming Microsoft Windows Live Zune Phone 7 Series are all beautiful mobile operating systems that have dramatically raised the bar for OH GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THIS
Bongo Comics, the independent comic book company owned by Matt Groening, has finally joined the 1990s and will launch a website tomorrow, which will feature news items, blog posts, and, most amazing of all, a list of “all Matt Groening’s comic-book, trade-book, and calendar publications.” Bongo, which publishes Simpsons, Futurama, and NewsRadio comics, has owned the domain www.bongocomics.com since 1996 but until now only used it for e-mail purposes.
It appears Fox has scrapped the traditional 2-D look of the show in favor of slicker 3-D CGI. Now, many misguided Simpsons purists will surely decry the change in dimensions, but keep in mind that The Simpsons Ride was CGI and many Simpsons directors (David Silverman, Brad Bird, Jim Reardon) have plenty of Pixar experience, so this was inevitable. Developing…
Huffington Post blogger Harry Shearer was once again hosed by the TV gods, who failed to nominate him for a prestigious “Emmy” orange blimp award in the category of “Best Voice-Talkin’ Guy.” Shearer, voice of Mr. Burns, Smithers, Lenny, and Principal Skinner, among others, has only been nominated in that category once (in 2009) and is the only regular Simpsons cast member to have not won it (the others somehow all won in 1992, WTF?). Dan Castalleneta (Homer), Hank Azaria (Moe), and Anne Hathaway (the princess in that godawful 20th anniversary episode) are nominated this year along with Seth Green, Dave Foley, and Coach McGuirk. [Los Angeles Times]
- A bunch of BORT stuff is being sold on the one-step-above-Cafepress online retailer Zazzle. Now you can wrap your baby in obscure Simpsons references! (source)
- A frequently-updated Simpsons tumblr called my son is also named bort quietly opened last month.
- Detective Bort is on the case.
- Searching for Bort on Wikisimpsons will lead you to a disambiguation page, lest you mistake the younger Bort for the older Bort. (source)
- My Ruby on Rails application is also called Bort.
- Are you on TEAM BORT? Stock up on team apparel. (source)
- Apparently “BORT” has been co-opted as a term for creepy Bart-Sideshow Bob fanart (Bob x Bart = BORT). Enthusiasts have set up a page on DeviantART. Ok I think I’m done with bort now