In case you ever need further evidence of the creative bankruptcy of Current Simpsons, look no further than the episode titles themselves. Here is a list of titles from Seasons 21 and 22.
- Bart Gets a “Z” – Reference to Bart Gets an F, which was also referenced later that season with Bart’s Dog Gets an F, and again in Season 10 with Lisa Gets an “A”
- Rednecks and Broomsticks – Pun of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, already parodied by Mypods and Boomsticks
- O Brother, Where Bart Thou? – Pun of “O Brother, Where Art Thou?,” a fictional novel from Sullivan’s Travels, already referenced by O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Moe Letter Blues – Pun of Mo’ Better Blues, already referenced by Moe Baby Blues
- Elementary School Musical – Incredibly lazy parody of High School Musical that had already been used by a South Park episode
- Loan-a Lisa – Pun on Mona Lisa, already referenced by Moaning Lisa, Moe’N’a Lisa, and Mona Leaves-a
- Lisa Simpson, This Isn’t Your Life – Reference to the catchphrase from This Is Your Life, already referenced by Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife
- Flaming Moe – Presumably, this is the title to an upcoming episode where “Moe’s Tavern is converted into an ultra-trendy bar,” which given the homophobic tendencies of the current show, undoubtedly means “gay bar.” The title, of course, is a parody of Flaming Moe’s…. essentially making a gay joke out of a title that was already a gay joke.